Food Sharing Edinburgh is an exciting volunteer-led food waste reduction programme. We are part of a global movement of communities uniting to end food waste. We collect food that would otherwise be binned (but which is still perfectly edible) and distribute it to those who can use it. Food Sharing aims to bring people together to eat well, end waste and create a more sustainable food system.
About the Opportunity
- Food Sharing Edinburgh runs fun and interactive sustainable cooking classes to teach people no-waste cooking techniques. Our aim is to teach people three simple, versatile recipes to help them waste less and facilitate a discussion around sustainable food.
- Your role will be to facilitate at least two workshops for groups of no more than 8 participants at a time. You will be delivering these workshops with another volunteer.
- The role of a cooking workshop facilitator is essential for empowering people in Edinburgh to become confident cooks who are mindful of food waste.
- You’ll receive training from an experienced chef and gain experience of running a workshop, which is great for your CV.
Skills and Experience
- Good verbal communication
- Basic cooking skills are desirable
- Two training sessions are necessary for this role: a cooking skills training session where a trained chef will show you how to make three tasty, easy, no-waste meals, and a discussion facilitation training session where we’ll teach you how to engage participants in the topics of food waste reduction and sustainable food. You must attend one cooking training session on the 18th February or 27th February and one discussion training session on the 21st February or the 28th February.
- You’ll deliver at least two cooking workshops with Edinburgh students or community groups. Be aware you’ll also need to allow some time beforehand to pick up ingredients and get to the location.
- This role is fully supported by the Food Sharing Project Coordinator.
How to Apply
To apply, please tell us why you would like to apply for the opportunity and what qualities and experience you would bring to the role. Please send this via email to email@example.com by Thursday 21st February 2019.