Outline of the Role
The Events volunteers will work with the Circular Economy Coordinator and the SHRUB Events Working Group to plan and deliver various events around sustainability, upcycling, repair and community building. This role will specifically focus on organising events – communicating and coordinating with external and internal facilitators, booking spaces, coordinating with the communications team and recruiting for additional volunteers as required.
The role involves:
- Recruiting volunteer / professional facilitators
- Developing event ideas
- Preparing/managing spaces
As a volunteer you will be involved in delivering a our programme of engagements resulting in a real difference in the central Edinburgh community. You can choose to receive training in circular economy and zero waste opportunities, and will become a part of the vibrant creative community at SHRUB co-operative, with an opportunity to take part in decision-making and a like minded community along the way!
Skills and Experience gained:
- Organisational skills
- Events management
- Circular Economy
- Where: The SHRUB Cooperative, 17 Guthrie Street, EH1 1JG Edinburgh
- When: Fortnightly Working Group meetings on Tuesday evenings; drop-in events working sessions on Tuesday afternoons; other work according to the events schedule
- Hours per week: 1-3 (more when events are on)
- Development opportunities: Induction by the SHRUB Circular Economy Coordinator. Further training available if desired.
How to Apply
- To apply for the role, contact Billie at email@example.com , and we can arrange an informal chat on the opportunity and your volunteering interests!
If you have any questions about the role, don’t hesitate to get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org