The Food Sharing Hub is looking for collection volunteers from multiple local farms between May and November 2019!
- Commitment and reliability to pick up food and bring it to the Food Sharing Hub.
- Collecting fruit & vegetables with you own car from a local farm (30-45 mins drive from Edinburgh), harvesting food from the field/sorting through the food in the sorting warehouse.
- Weighing the food and storing it correctly.
- Some heavy lifting.
- Building community awareness about food waste and environmental issues, making a difference.
- Spending time in Edinburgh’s beautiful surrounding countryside.
- Filling a bag of organic veggies for yourself and your friends/family!
- 2-4 hours of work, once per week. The day is flexible, but Wednesday or Thursday would be ideal!
- There should be at least one person, ideally 2 or 3 people accompanying that person to help with harvesting excess food and carrying the boxes.
- The person driving will be refunded for petrol.
- You will receive an induction prior to your first collection, and a key contact will always be on hand to answer any questions.
Please pop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested!