Outline of the Role
The Events Assistant will work with the Circular Economy Coordinator and the SHRUB Events Working Group to plan and deliver various events around sustainability, upcycling, repair, mental health and community building. Some tasks are very practical (helping out at events, taking care of the events space) while others are more administrative (communicating and coordinating with facilitators and with the events communications volunteer); you can focus on some areas more than others depending on your preferences.
The role involves:
- Recruiting volunteer / professional facilitators
- Developing event ideas
- Preparing/managing spaces
- Material inventory
- Collecting feedback
- Updating event blackboard
- Helping at events (preparing food, refreshments)
As a volunteer you will be involved in delivering a two-year programme of engagements resulting in a real difference in the central Edinburgh community. You can choose to receive training in circular economy and zero waste opportunities, and will become a part of the vibrant creative community at the SHRUB co-operative, with an opportunity to take part in decision-making and make friends along the way!
Skills and Experience gained:
- Organisational skills
- Events management
- Circular Economy
- Where: The SHRUB Cooperative, 17 Guthrie Street, EH1 1JG Edinburgh
- When: Fortnightly Working Group meetings on Tuesday evenings; drop-in events working sessions on Tuesday afternoons; other work according to the events schedule
- Hours per week: 1-3 (more when events are on)
- Development opportunities: Induction by the SHRUB Circular Economy Coordinator. Further training available if desired.
How to Apply
- To apply for the role, contact Siri at firstname.lastname@example.org , and we can arrange an informal chat on the opportunity and your volunteering interests!
If you have any questions about the role, don’t hesitate to get in touch at email@example.com