Outline of the Role
The Film Screening Facilitator will work with the CineSHRUB team to plan and run a series of monthly film screenings at the SHRUB premises.
The role involves:
- Watching the films in the CineSHRUB film series
- Planning discussion points related to the films
- Facilitating discussions about topics related to the films
- Coordinating with external facilitators as necessary
As a volunteer you will be involved in reinvigorating a well-loved classic and supporting discussions around environmental and social issues in the central Edinburgh community. You will become a part of the vibrant creative community at the SHRUB co-operative, with an opportunity to take part in decision-making and make friends along the way!
Skills and Experience gained:
- Public speaking
- Discussion facilitation skills
- Sustainability and social justice knowledge
- Organisational skills
- Events management
- People skills
- Where: The SHRUB Cooperative, 13/17 Guthrie Street, EH1 1JG Edinburgh
- When: Film screenings every first Friday of the month 7pm; monthly team meetings (next one Monday 13th August 5.30-6.30pm)
- Hours per month: 6
- Development opportunities: Induction for the role by SHRUB Circular Economy Coordinator. Further training and preparation available.
How to Apply
- To apply for the role, contact Siri at email@example.com , and we can arrange an informal chat on the opportunity and your volunteering interests!
If you have any questions about the role, don’t hesitate to get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org