Food Sharing Edinburgh is a volunteer led community food waste reduction and redistribution project.
Food Sharing is a part of the SHRUB Cooperative. We make our decisions collectively, using consensus based decision making. You are welcome to come along to one of our Food Sharing Working Group meetings, which take place fortnightly on Mondays from 6-7pm at 22 Bread Street (add the SHRUB events calendar to your Google calendar to find out when the next meeting is). We use these meetings to share ideas and plan upcoming events and activities. You can keep up to date by joining our mailing list (tick “I am currently a volunteer” or the Food Sharing Volunteers Facebook group.
This role will specifically focus on tasks such as:
- Becoming familiar with and updating the current procedure Food Sharing uses to connect with charities and community groups
- Reviewing relationships with current partner charities and community groups through phone calls / face-to-face
- Establishing connections with more charities and community groups
- Ensuring all partner charities and community groups are receiving adequate food supplies
- Administering surveys for partner charities and community groups
We need volunteers who are organised, responsible and can dedicate time to weekly meetings. Great interpersonal skills are essential. Ideally volunteers would have previous experience volunteering for a charity, not-for-profit or social enterprise and will be familiar with the area of the project they choose to support. Applications are also welcome from those with professional expertise in food waste, sustainable food or the non-profit sector.
- Charity volunteers are expected to meet with their team at least once per fortnight (usually on Tuesday evenings) and take on tasks of choice in-between meetings.
- It is highly recommended that charity volunteers work in the Shrub Co-Op office space at 17 Guthrie Street (EH1 1JG)
- Volunteers are also expected to attend at least one general Food Sharing Working Group meeting per month.
- The role requires around 4 hours of work per week.
- A minimum commitment of 6 months is desirable.
- This role is supported by the Project Facilitator, Rosa, who is on hand if you have any questions or queries.
If interested, please email Laurie at email@example.com explaining in a couple of paragraphs why you are the ideal candidate!