We are a food waste reduction and redistribution organisation, collecting food from 30 businesses around Edinburgh 🙂
Food Sharing Edinburgh is working on an exciting project, called the Food Sharing Hub. This is a permanent space that enables more food to be distributed to the public, while providing a platform for food waste education and campaigning.
Health and Safety Team Member
This role will specifically focus on tasks such as:
- Becoming familiar with Food Sharing’s current health and safety policies and filling in the gaps accordingly (e.g. reviewing and implementing risk assessments)
- Reviewing records of health and safety checklists
- Working closely with the Health & Safety Guardian and Food Sharing Hub Store Coordinator to ensure that the Food Sharing Hub exceeds health and safety standards
We need volunteers who are organised, responsible and can dedicate time to weekly meetings. Ideally volunteers would have previous experience volunteering for a charity, not-for-profit of social enterprise and will be familiar with the area of the project they choose to support. Applications are also welcome from those with professional expertise in food waste, sustainable food or the non-profit sector.
This role is ideal for people interested in developing experience in policy and planning, auditing and administration!
- FSH Supporter volunteers are expected to meet with their Guardians at least once per month and take on tasks of choice in-between meetings.
- It is highly recommended that FSH Supporter volunteers work in the Shrub Co-Op office space (17 Guthrie Street) alongside their Guardians for a two hour shift per fortnight.
- The role requires around 2 hours of work per week.
- A minimum commitment of 6 months is desirable.
- This role is supported by the FSH Cordinator (Laurie), who is on hand if you have any questions or queries.
Please email Laurie King (email@example.com) if you’re interested!