The Business Relations team is responsible for overseeing the direction of the Food Sharing Hub. This serves as a Food Sharing ‘HQ’, enabling more food to be distributed to the public, while providing a public platform for food waste awareness.
The Business Relation Team
This role specifically focuses on tasks such as:
- Becoming familiar with our current partner businesses (29) and the agreements we have established
- Establishing connections with supermarkets and large businesses, bolstering current Food Sharing procedures to ensure contracts are signed and regular food collections are maintained
- Negotiating with businesses in face-to-face meetings, over the phone and via email
- Maintaining good relationships with all our partner businesses
- Maintaining good relationships with food collectors
Overall, your role is to represent this particular area of the project in meetings, while staying attentive to how this area crosses over with other areas by communicating clearly with other guardians.
We are currently looking for someone who is available during daytime hours (Monday to Friday), so that they are able to attend meetings with partner businesses. Excellent negotiation skills are essential.
We need volunteers who are organised, responsible, good communicators and can dedicate time to weekly meetings. Ideally you would have experience higher level volunteering for a charity, not for profit, or social enterprise and will be familiar with management processes. Applications are also welcome from those with professional expertise in food waste, sustainable food or the non-profit sector.
- General team meetings happen every month (usually on a Wednesday or Thursday, 6pm til 8pm) at 22 Bread Street (EH3 9AF).
- Food Sharing Edinburgh Working Group meetings happen every second Monday (6pm til 7pm) in the Shrub Co-Op, at 22 Bread Street (EH3 9AF).
- You are welcome to use the office space at the Shrub Co-Op (17 Guthrie Street, EH1 1JG) during opening hours.
- The role requires 2 to 4 hours of commitment per week (this will vary).
- A minimum commitment of six months is desirable.
- You are able to apply for the cost of relevant training to be covered by Food Sharing.
This role is supported by the Project Coordinator (Laurie) and Business Relations Guardian (Leonie) who are on hand if you have any questions or queries. The Business Relations team is also encouraged to support each other, both in and out of meetings.
Please email Laurie King (firstname.lastname@example.org) if interested, with 1-2 paragraphs detailing while you are suited to the role.