The Food Sharing Hub is looking for collection volunteers from multiple supermarkets between May and September 2019!
- Commitment and reliability to pick up food once a week and to bring it to the Food Sharing Hub.
- Weighing the food and storing it correctly.
- Use of a bike trailer or cargo bike (for shops not within walking distance).
- Bringing a friend to help with carrying boxes (for shops in walking distance).
- Some heavy lifting.
- Building community awareness about food waste and environmental issues, making a difference.
- Networking and meeting new people.
- Low time commitment responsibility (one hour per week).
- One pick up a week, Wednesday to Saturday, between 7.30am and 9.30am, or 6pm and 9pm.
- Stores located in Tollcross, Haymarket and Morningside.
- Use of collection app requires smartphone.
- You will receive an induction prior to your first collection, and a key contact will always be on hand to answer any questions.
Please pop an email to email@example.com if you are interested!