SHRUB Coop is a community-led cooperative based in Edinburgh, it’s grown from an idea into an exciting community hub for sustainable living. Our vision is of a world without waste. The SHRUB is funded through the Scottish Government’s Climate Challenge Fund, Zero Waste Scotland and the European Regional Development Fund.
We’ve put loads of love into our spaces on Guthrie Street and Bread Street and it’s looking and running better than ever, offering hundreds of creative reuse and repair workshops and enabling you to reduce your waste by swapping things you don’t need for things you do.
A well-organised funding plan will provide the current and future projects within SHRUB Cooperative with the help they need. Funding volunteers have the opportunity to develop a wide range of skills (more details below) and extend their experience base and contacts in the industry. We are looking for people with experience in fundraising to become Fundraisers, working alongside Funding Assistants who are developing their funding skills – you can apply for either and we can together determine what activities best suit you.
The funding subgroup is a part of the Finance and Admin Working Group.
SHRUB Fundraiser tasks can include:
- Creating a funding relationship database
- Identifying funding opportunities
- Helping manage current and potential funder relationships, including organising meetings and events
- Writing funding applications
- Coordinating with other members of SHRUB Coop, including SHRUB Trustees, and external organisations to increase overall knowledge on funding within the organisation
- Maintaining associated process documents and guides
Skills, experience and attitude needed:
- Experience or a keen interest in funding and charities / social enterprise
- Strategic thinking
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- A friendly, polite and respectful attitude towards other volunteers
Benefits to the volunteer:
- Experience in a demanding role in the third sector & contacts within the industry
- References from the Board of Trustees
- Access to training courses relating to the role
- Where: Shrub Coop, on 13 Guthrie Street (EH1 1JG)
- When: depends on the volunteer
- Hours per week: approximately 3
- Monthly meetings: we meet on Thursday fortnightly
- Development opportunities and/or training offered
- Support offered
How to Apply
- Send an email to: email@example.com
- What happens next
- We’ll invite you to an induction followed by an funding specific briefing
If you have any questions about the role, don’t hesitate to get in touch at Siri (email above) or Alex at firstname.lastname@example.org