SHRUB Food Sharing Hub Store Coordinator
Salary £22,145 p.a. Pro Rata 15 hours / week (£10,140) fixed term to 31 March 2020.
Closing date: 10am 29/11/2018
The community-led SHRUB Co-op invites applications for Food Sharing Hub Store Coordinator as part of our award-winning carbon reduction project The Food Sharing Hub is a volunteer led, cooperative, membership based food store, specialising in the reduction of food waste in Edinburgh. It will sell excess food that would have otherwise been wasted.
The post holder will work as part of the co-operative team that implements the Zero Waste Edinburgh project with volunteers and staff members. The post holder will be based at the Food Sharing Hub in the heart of the city, while reaching out to other groups and individuals across Edinburgh.
The main purpose of the Food Sharing Hub Store Coordinator post is:
- Oversee the day-to-day running of SHRUB’s Food Sharing Hub, supporting and empowering volunteers to run the shop, ensuring the premises is opened and closed on time
- Responsible for all SHRUB Coop compliance with the Food Standards Act and related regulations ensuring delivery of training to maintain high standards of cleanliness
- Engage with a wide variety of customers in a friendly, helpful and respectful manner
- Work closely with the Food Sharing Hub Coordinator to ensure a reliable network of food collection volunteers
Successful applicants must have experience and skills in the following areas:
- A minimum of one year supervisory experience in the food retail industry
- Experience and knowledge of food stock management and risks in the food retail industry
- Can demonstrate capacity for good leadership including an ability to identify and mitigate conflicts before they arise
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills for a fast-paced working environment, whilst also delivering friendly customer service
- Completion of a REHIS Elementary Food Hygiene course
- Full proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Google Accounts
For further details see the attached documents.
The Zero Waste Edinburgh project is funded through the Resource Efficient Circular Economy Accelerator Programme Fund, which is administered by Zero Waste Scotland on behalf of the Scottish Government. This is part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF)
Please visit our website for further information about SHRUB www.shrubcoop.org
The closing date for applications: 10am 29/11/18
Proposed date for interviews: 5/12/18