By SHRUB Coop, posted 16/05/22
Keep SHRUB going: Help us secure funding!
It has been a little bit doom-and-gloom here at Shrub lately as we have been trying to work out how to stay open despite recently losing our main funders.
However, we had some INCREDIBLE news that made us all do a little happy dance when we found out…
The National Lottery has agreed to give us their Community Led Grant for the Zero Waste Community Hub! One of the requirements however is that we must fundraise £8000 of ‘match funding’ in order to receive this grant from them.
This is the best news we have had in a LONG time and we are delighted to be able to share this with our community but we want to emphasise we are not in the clear yet…we still need to raise this £8000 in order to get the grant! We are sure that with the support of our community, we will be able to get there!
With the support of this Crowdfunder we will be able to continue:
- making a circular economy accessible to those on lower incomes.
- redirecting textile waste away from foreign textile markets and ultimately landfill by partnering with hostels and other charitable organisations who can make use of the clothing we cannot sell.
- empowering our community to repair their clothing through workshops and normalising this as the first step before donating or throwing away clothing.
- educating our community on the importance of slow fashion.
- using our beautiful space at 22 Bread Street as our Zero Waste Hub.
- organising community events in our Zero Waste Hub and around the city.
- Organising Freeshops so we can prevent unwanted items from going to landfill.
- educating our community and the wider Edinburgh community about behaviour change activities that can help combat the climate crisis.
- running our vegan cafe and community space.
- improving employability amongst our volunteers by training them in customer service, communications, governance and policy, barista work, swapshop pricing etc.
There are 200 reward packs available so donate early to get yourself some zero waste goodies!
Our Reward Packages:
The basic “Bronze Bike Repair Service”: As advertised, the Bronze service doesn’t include any new replacement parts, but for the purposes of this crowdfunder can include any second hand parts for free. If new parts are required or preferred by the customer, that is at extra cost that will be agreed with the customer before any repairs are undertaken.
SHRUB Coop is supported through a combination of grant funding and generous donations from our community. We’re grateful for all their support. Find out more about our grant funders by clicking on the logos above.