We're reopening! Here's how...
By Shrub Coop, posted 06/07/20
Everything you need to know about our new ways of working!
We’re very excited to be reopening the Zero Waste Hub at 22 Bread Street on Wednesday 8th July. We are also extending our opening hours, so you can now visit us from 11am to 6pm on Wednesday to Saturday. We can’t wait to see you all and play our part in Building Back Better, but first here are a few things that we have changed in light of Covid-19…
Things to know before you visit the Zero Waste Hub…
- Please do not come to Shrub if you are feeling unwell or know someone who has been unwell in the last 14 days. We miss you, but Shrub will be here when the time is right.
- You will need to wear a face covering in the Hub, so don’t forget to pack your reusable masks!
- We are limiting the number of people that can be in the Hub at any one time. There will be a volunteer or staff member at the door to let you know if it’s good for you to come in. We are aiming for physical distancing but not social distancing at Shrub, so please chat to each other and our volunteers whenever you visit us!
What will it be like while I’m in the Zero Waste Hub?
- There will be handsantiser provided when you enter and leave the Hub.
- We have a floor plan to help you move around the Hub, and make sure everyone keeps a safe 2 metre distance around the space.
- If you would like to buy anything, you will be asked to place your items on the counter and step back while our volunteers weigh your items and calculate your carbon saving!
- Our changing rooms will be closed for the time being, however we are happy to provide refunds up to 14 days after purchase. Just ask for a receipt at the till.
- We are handling things with care and isolating donations, but we recommend that you wash your items after purchase.
- For now it is only the Swapshop and Food Sharing Hub that are open, we are hoping to have the café open as soon as possible!
Are we accepting donations?
If you’ve used lockdown to do a wardrobe audit, you might now be looking for somewhere to donate them.
For the time being, we will only be accepting donations from Shrub Coop members. The good news is, you can sign up to be a member really easily with the help of one of our volunteers at the Zero Waste Hub. Find out the benefits of being a member here.
If you are donating to us…
- Check if we can receive all of your items (e.g. no electronics, pillows etc.)
- Please self sort your bags into good and less good quality clothing, and tie them shut to avoid them being mixed up with someone else’s.
- Use the hand sanitiser, then write your name on paper with date and secure paper to bag.
- Put your donation into the donation bin and let a volunteer know.
- We will be quarantining donations before sorting them, so things are going to take a little longer than usual. We hope to have your tokens on your account within 2 weeks.
If you have any more questions, please comment below or message us on social media.
We look forward to creating a world without waste together.