SHRUB Co-op Zero Waste Hub Coordinator
Salary £22,145 p.a. Pro Rata 28 hours / week (£17,716) fixed term to 31 March 2020.
The community-led SHRUB Co-op invites applications for Zero Waste Hub Coordinator of our award-winning carbon reduction project – set in the heart of Scotland’s capital.
The team will work alongside the Climate Challenge Fund and Zero Waste Scotland funded project staff running to end of March 2020 and are challenged with transforming the habits of the community to reduce local and global carbon emissions and re-skill people with capacity to repair and upcycle.
The main purpose of the Zero Waste Hub Coordinator post is:
To coordinate the practical elements of the SHRUB Coop’s Zero Waste Hub – recruiting and supporting volunteers to build an engaged and active team running a Swapshop which contributes to a Zero Waste Edinburgh. This is a largely retail-focussed role. Responsibilities include setting up systems and processes to run a successful retail enterprise, includes collecting, sorting and valuing donations /waste from the public and local businesses (stock management), visual merchandising and sales, administration and communications.
Successful applicants must have experience and skills in the following areas:
- Managing a shop or similar space and creating a high-quality experience for service users
- Managing teams of volunteers – experienced in delegating to and empowering them
- Able to engage effectively with internal and external stakeholders to solve problems
- Educated to HNC / HND, plus 2 years relevant work experience – or equivalent
- Strong communication and team-work skills for a fast-paced working environment
- Experience of promoting events promoting change and community engagement
- Able to work on own initiative and organise own time / workload
- Full proficiency with Microsoft Office e.g. Excel and familiar with Google Accounts
- A high level of empathy and respect for people with different backgrounds and ability to use inclusive, non-stigmatising and respectful ways of communication
- A creative approach to engaging others and solving problems.
This is a fixed term contract until March 2020, working on the Zero Waste Edinburgh project until 30 June 2019 and the Climate Challenge Fund project from 1 July 2019 to 31 March 2020.
Until 30 June 2019 the post holder works exclusively to deliver their role within the European Regional Development Fund supported Resource Efficient Circular Economy Accelerator Programme, which the Zero Waste Town Development Fund project, Zero Waste Edinburgh is part of. The post is funded through Zero Waste Scotland and ERDF and the project must conform to the funder’s accounting and project reporting requirements.
From July 2019, the post will be funded by the Climate Challenge Fund project which runs to March 2020. Activity will be largely similar in focus, but funded through a different stream.
For further details see the attached documents.
Please visit our website for further information about SHRUB www.shrubcoop.org
The closing date for applications: 10am 11/1/18
Proposed date for interviews: 18/1/18